Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Where have I been?

Oooh, pretty!

Four months since an update?! Impossible! Admittedly, I haven't spent as much time on the blog-iverse as I should have. Rest assured I'm still working on Altwater, even though I haven't been posting. Usually I don't like to post WIPs on this blog, but I need to get into the habit of blogging regularly again anyway.

Sometime in September, my old computer "died". My computer flickered and then crashed, never to wake up again. I was distraught over losing a lot of my work on my PC, not just from Sims but from other things too (schoolwork, hobbies, old photos, etc.) So, I began to build a new world on my laptop. It was so much faster and cleaner than my desktop PC, so I stuck with it. I later discovered my computer didn't die, but I was too in love with my laptop and the world that I built with it to turn back.

Altwater!
I have tried many times before to recreate something similar to Altwater's principle in CAW, and it has never worked before. This is the first fully-functioning world I've been able to create! I spent a lot of time plotting and planning where certain lots would go, and how I would go about setting up an efficient transportation system. Altwater is nowhere near "done", but it is playable. I was able to finish and upload the bare bones of it before the 1.42 patch came out, which is great because the update basically locked me out of CAW. All of the lots lack street names and I'm not completely satisfied with the layout of the lots, but its doable until CAW is fixed. Plus, I have a TSD addiction. *cough*


Sunset on Pewter Beach
Altwater is a mountain town that I intend to fill with snobs, environmentalists, hipsters, self-employed sims, and nectar enthusiasts. Not sure why, but those are the sims I most often make!


This is the best 60s Glamour I could muster without CC or Store stuff
When I start blogging again, the first round of Altwater will take place in 1960. Hopefully nothing will crash or die on me and I'll be able to make it to 1961, lol!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your computer problems, but your world looks very impressive! I originally created Valentine in CAW, but it was so tedious and time consuming and EA continusouly broke the darn program. Eventually I forfeited the idea and just customized Twinbrooke, but I admire anyone who has the dedication and patience to master CAW. From the looks of your world, you're doing a fanatastic job. I can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're using Twinbrook for Valentine? Very impressive! :D I didn't even recognize it!

      Delete